Below are some Frequently Asked Questions about the Timms Centre. If you cannot find the answer to your question below, feel free to contact our Theatre Administrator/Events Coordinator for specifics.
Why should I choose the TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS?
- We offer exceptional customer service, imaginative, professional, experienced staff with event planning and production expertise. The facility is centrally located and easily accessible by transit and automobile.
What will it cost to rent the TIMMS?
- Costs will vary depending on the type of event, the venue, and staffing required. Visit our Spaces page for some preliminary information.
- The Theatre Administrator/Events Coordinator will be pleased to discuss your event, arrange a tour of the facility and put together a quote tailored to your specific requirements. Please phone 780.492.2273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional rental information.
Are there discounts for ‘Not-For-Profit’ organizations?
- Facility rental rates are discounted 25% for Not-for-Profit groups.
Are there different rates for University of Alberta Faculties and Departments?
- Please contact the Theatre Administrator/Events Coordinator for rates and availability.
What hours and days is the Centre available?
- The TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS is open year round based on University of Alberta operating hours. Administrative staff members are on site Monday to Friday during regular office hours.
Is Box Office space available?
- Yes, depending on the time of the year, arrangements can be made for groups to use the Box Office area to sell tickets on the day of the performance.
Can groups access back-stage services?
- Yes, from time to time rental arrangements may be considered for the rehearsal hall, carpentry shop, and wardrobe area. Rental of props is also an option. Please contact the Theatre Administrator/Events Coordinator for additional information.
Do we need to use TIMMS CENTRE staff?
- Yes, the Theatre’s policy requires that qualified staff be used to support events at the TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS.
- TECHNICIANS – At least 2 TIMMS technicians will be on site during any main stage rental and 1 technician for any Second Playing Space rental. Groups who have their own technicians may request that they work in concert with TIMMS CENTRE staff. Such requests will be considered on a case by case basis by the Events Coordinator and the Department of Drama’s Production Manager.
- FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER(S) and BARTENDER(S) are supplied by TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS. Rental clients may use their own volunteers as ushers, ticket takers, box office attendants, and coat check personnel. Arrangements will be made to provide these individuals with an orientation session which will include facility emergency procedures.
Does the Timms have a list of preferred caterers?
- No, All licensed caterers are welcome in the TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS. If the firm is new to the facility, we ask that they meet with the Events Coordinator for a tour of the space so that they are familiar with the equipment available and the layout. A catering surcharge of 10% of the cost of food served at the Timms is charged back to the catering firm. Please refer to the LINKS page.
Are banquet items available for rent?
- Yes, The TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS can offer the following:
- Up to 8 rectangular (2.5’ x 2.5′ x 5′) banquet tables with black linen and skirting
- Up to 8 cruiser tables with black spandex toppers
- Assorted Glassware for bar service
- We work closely with local event rental firms and arrangements can be made for the rental of additional tables (rectangular or round) and a host of other items. All cookware, china, cutlery, serving dishes, and linen are the responsibility of the caterer or client. Please refer to the LINKS page.
Can alcohol be served at events at the TIMMS CENTRE?
- The TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS is a licensed facility and can provide several types of bar service. Please contact the Theatre Administrator/Events Coordinator for details.
Is smoking permitted at the TIMMS CENTRE?
- The TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS is a smoke free environment.
Is the TIMMS CENTRE wheelchair accessible?
- All areas of the TIMMS CENTRE are accessible by wheel chair, including elevator access from the TIMMS/TELUS underground parking lot.
Is there parking close by?
- Heated underground parking is available for over 300 vehicles at the TIMMS CENTRE/TELUS parking lot. There is also metered parking behind the building and in several outdoor parking lots nearby. Parking on campus is administered by Parking Services, please email email@example.com or call 780.492.7275
Where is the TIMMS CENTRE?
- The TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS is located on the University of Alberta campus at the northeast corner of 87 Avenue and 112th Street in Edmonton, Alberta.
- If coming by CAR, underground parking is available on 112th Street at the front of the building.
- To reach the Centre by LRT, take the train to the University Station, use stairs or elevator to the 2nd floor of HUB mall. Once in the mall, turn right and follow the walkway at second floor level through into the Fine Arts Building, and then to the TIMMS CENTRE for the ARTS.